Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kestrel Review con't

So, today was day 3 on the new bike. I'm really enjoying the new ride. However, there's a problem with the headset coming loose while I'm riding, so I had to stop twice to mess with it. Did some climbing at Auloa and Olomana with it, and it really responds well. Handles great on the turns on the descents, too. Pretty good for a TT bike. I can actually reach the barend shifters on this bike, so I can shift while in the aero position. Cool!

Still not sure about the resistance factor, though. It still seems a bit resistant when not going full power. Weird. Wonder if the loose headset contributes to that? It feels a bit like the tail wagging the dog. But not as much today.

Avg power is slowly rising for each ride...now I'm into the low 100's...104, 108, etc with Norm power in the 120-140 range. Not bad for coming back....yay!

No comments: